What the blog is about

This blog is a way keep everyone updated on the Miller's. The blog will take you through normal everyday life along with our clubfoot journey.

Monday, April 4, 2011

Our day to day schedule!

Many people have asked about how Steve and I both work full-time and have time with the kids.  Well, here is our weekly schedule.  Yes, it's very hectic but it gets the job done and no one is hurt in the making! :)

Monday-Thursday
4:45am- Steve and I wake-up and get dressed for the day.  Steve is out the door at 5:15.
5:30- Wake Knox up and bring him downstairs to get dressed for the day. I will adjust his shoes to make sure they are on tight enough.
5:45- Run back upstairs and get Lily.  Bring her downstairs and immediately sit her on the potty.  Then wrestle the alligator to get her dressed and brush her teeth.
6:00- Give Lily a sippy of milk and nurse Knox
6:20-Load both kids in the car.  Load my pump, purse, babysitter's bag, and my lunch all into the car too. Some days it feels like I load the whole house.
6:30- Drop both kids off at the babysitters.
6:45-7:45- Drive to work.........in peace and quiet. I usually really look forward to this time alone with my coffee.
8:00-5:00- work.  Steve works 6-2:30 so he picks up both kids from the babysitters at 3pm.
5:00-6:00- Drive home--usually on the phone with Steve trying to explain how to boil water to get the spaghetti on for dinner. (We would have cold cereal every night if dinner was left to him)
6:00-Get home. Gives lots of kisses and nurse Knox while Lily is usually babbling about her day to me. 
6:30-Everyone sits down for dinner
7:00-BATH TIME! Both kids are usually a mess after dinner so the head straight for the tub.  Steve will do dishes while I bathe the kids.
7:30-Give Lily a sippy of milk and nurse Knox.  We finally get to sit and relax for a minute.
7:45-Knox heads to bed.  I spend some time with Lily and we'll read MARVIN K. MOONEY......every night! (That book may randomly disappear very soon!)
8:00- Lily heads to bed
8-9- Steve and I hang out, pack our lunches, talk about the day, eat cookies (Lily will eat them all if we eat while she's awake).
9:00-We both fall into bed exhausted from the day.

Fridays
Mornings are the same except I take the kids to my inlaws instead of the babysitter.  Steve works late so the inlaws bring the kids to our house at 6pm when I get home. We usually hang out and order take out.  Kids are in bed by 8:30 and I get ALONE time until Steve gets home at 11pm.

Sat/Sun:
No set schedule.  We go grocery shopping clean the house, or run whatever errands that we need done.  Saturdays we usually get pizza and watch a movie.  Sundays we go to breakfast with my family and then hang out.  I usually cook a nice big meal on Sundays to fill our bellies and give us energy for the week.

So, there you have it. Our CRAZY life!

No comments:

Post a Comment